The program went off and the 10 o’clock news came on. The first report was about two people being shot. I slapped the arm of my chair and explained, “Every day!”
I guess the city of Memphis does have days where people aren’t shot but it seems they are rare. I might be wrong but it doesn’t seem it was that way a few decades ago. Then again, maybe I just wasn’t aware of it.
I really don’t know. That just might be normal for a city the size of Memphis. Regardless, I believe it to be far too frequent.
So, what do I suggest?
- Pray. Some will argue it won’t help but it certainly is more effective than praying for the victims after the fact.
- Make sure those committing the crimes are imprisoned. I’m not saying just killers. Thieves, drug distributors etc too. I would suspect murder is not the first crime of those criminals.
- Build the families. I suspect most criminals do not come from good homes.
- Parents, teach your children about God, about right and wrong and about the special importance of human rights, and to have a proper respect for others.
- Teach your children proper respect for guns.
- School teachers, teach that killing and stealing is wrong. They too should stress the importance of common respect.
- All of us need to be reminded from time to time to respect the law and those who inforce it. Without the law, without those who inforce it, we would lose far more than 2 a day.
1 year practicing the above, and there would be a noticeable positive difference. Then again, that’s not what the dems want. They like blaming guns for what people do and the love pointing out the differences between the haves and have nots as a reason to steal. I’m still trying to figure out their logic on the advantages of drug abuse.
The fact is, only the dems benefit from crime. Those two that were shot today didn’t benefit from crime, regardless of party affiliation.